Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Waterville Program will be practicing mindfulness on July 1, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be celebrating birthdays on July 1, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be making edible crafts on July 2, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be playing bingo on July 2, 2020.
- Families Matter Programs will be closed on July 3, 2020 in honor of the 4th of July.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting Reid State Park on July 6, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be playing outdoor games on July 8, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Winthrop Boat Landing on July 9, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting Coubon Park for a picnic on July 10, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting Range Pond on July 13, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Camden on July 14, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be holding a scavenger hunt on July 15, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be hosting an ice cream social on July 16, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be having role reversal in the home on July 20, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting the beach on July 21, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be walking the rail trail on July 23, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be picnicking at Fort Halifax on July 24, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be playing water games on July 27, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be hosting a talent show on July 28, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be cooking on July 29, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be hosting a yard sale on July 30 and 31, 2020.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.