Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Augusta and Farmingdale Programs will be visiting each other on March 2, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be going out to lunch on March 4, 2015.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Programs will be cooking and having an ice cream social together on March 4, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be playing Bingo on March 5, 2015.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be enjoying Irish Mint Hot Chocolate on March 6, 2015.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Programs will be going to the arcade on March 9, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be sledding on March 11, 2015.
- Augusta, Farmingdale and Waterville Programs will be participating in the Sunset Homes Swimming Time Trials on March 13, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be shopping on March 13, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be having a St. Patrick's Day party on March 16, 2015.
- Augusta Program will have show and tell on March 17, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be eating out on March 17, 2015.
- Farmingdale and Farmington Programs will be cooking together on March 18, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be bowling with the American Vets on March 20, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be writing letters to the Troops on March 20, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be celebrating birthdays on March 25, 2015.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be having a Peer Social on March 30, 2015.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources