Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Waterville and Skowhegan Programs will be visiting the Maine Discovery Museum on May 20, 2016.
- Skowhegan and Waterville Programs will be having an ice cream social on May 23, 2016.
- Farmingdale and Farmington Programs will be walking the rail trial on May 23, 2016.
- Waterville Program will be visiting Fort Popham State Historic Site on May 24, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be fishing on May 24, 2016.
- Farmington Program will be visiting Cabela's on May 25, 2016.
- Augusta Program will be walking the Rail Train on May 26, 2016.
- Waterville, Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be playing kickball on May 27, 2016.
- Families Matter, Inc. will be closed on Memorial Day, May 30, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be having a pizza party on May 31, 2016.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources