Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Augusta Program will be visiting the Windsor Fair on
September 1, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Windsor Fair on
September 1, 2015.
- Waterville and Farmington Program will be visiting the Animal Kingdom on September 2, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be having yard sale on September 4, 2015.
- Families Matter Programs will be closed on Monday, September 7. Families Matter, Inc. wishes all families a safe and happy Labor Day.
- Skowhegan Program will be working on money skills on September 8, 2015.
- Augusta and Farmingdale Programs will be apple picking on September 11, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be bowling the American Vets on September 11, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be shopping in Gardiner on September 14, 2015.
- Skowhegan, Waterville and Farmington Programs will be apple picking on September 15, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be going out for ice cream on September 18, 2015.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Program will be visiting the fair with friends on September 21, 2015.
- Augusta, Farmington and Farmingdale Programs will be tie-dying on September 23, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be visiting the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad and Museum on September 24, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting the Common Ground Fair on September 25, 2015.
- Farmington and Augusta Programs will be enjoying an ice cream social on September 28, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be going to the movies on September 29, 2015.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources