Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be sharing a Turkey dinner on November 17, 2014.
- Farmingdale Program will be having a nature walk and scavenger hunt on November 19, 2014.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Programs will enjoy a Thanksgiving lunch on November 19, 2014.
- Waterville and Hallowell Programs will be bowling on November 20, 2014.
- Farmington Program will be bowling with American Veterans on November 21, 2014.
- Augusta Program will be going on a nature walk on November 21, 2014.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting the turkey farm on November 21, 2014.
- Farmington and Farmingdale Programs will enjoy hot chocolate and cookies on November 24, 2014.
- Waterville Program will host a career day on November 25, 2014.
- Skowhegan and Farmington Programs will have a pizza party on November 26, 2014.
- Families Matter wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. All programs will be closed on November 27 and 28, 2014.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources