Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Farmington Program will be bowling on May 1, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be celebrating birthdays on May 6, 2015.
- Skowhegan and Farmington Programs will be cooking together on May 6, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be making May Baskets on May 8, 2015.
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Augusta Program will host a Pizza Part on May 12, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be fishing and having a picnic on
May 12, 2015.
- Track and Field Special Olympics will be held on May 13, 2015 at Hall-Dale High School in Farmington. Families Matter wishes all participants the best of luck!
- Waterville and Farmington Programs will have a peer social on May 15, 2015.
- Farmington Program will have a police tour on May 18, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be going on a nature walk on May 20, 2015.
- Farmington and Farmingdale Programs will have a picnic on
May 22, 2015.
- Families Matter, Inc. will be closed on Monday, May 25, 2015 in honor of Memorial Day.
- Waterville and Skowhegan Programs will be having a Peer Social and a BBQ on May 26, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be cooking for the American Vets on May 27, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting the beach on May 27, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting the Augusta Program for an Ice Cream Social on May 28, 2015.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources