Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Waterville and Skowhegan Programs will be having a Pizza party on October 1, 2015.
- Equestrian Special Olympics will be held on October 3, 2015. Families Matter wishes all participants the best of luck!
- Skowhegan Program will be picking pumpkins on October 5, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be pumpkin picking on October 6, 2015.
- Augusta Program will have a pizza party on October 7, 2015.
- Waterville and Farmingdale Programs will be practicing for the talent show on October 9, 2015.
- Augusta and Farmingdale Programs will be making crafts on October 12, 2015.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be having a peer social on October 12, 2015.
- Augusta and Waterville Programs will have an ice cream social on October 13, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be Leaf Peeping on October 14, 2015.
- Farmingdale Program will be going to the movies on October 15, 2015.
- Skowhegan, Waterville and Farmington Programs will be having a career day on October 16, 2015.
- Farmington and Augusta Programs will be sharing hot chocolate and cookies on October 19, 2015.
- Waterville and Farmingdale Programs will visit the pumpkin patch on October 23, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be fall sightseeing on October 23, 2015.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be having a peer social on October 26, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be getting a chocolate tour on October 26, 2015.
- Waterville and Farmingdale Programs will be playing bingo on October 27, 2015.
- Farmingdale will have a Writers' Tea Party on October 28, 2015.
- Families Matter will be hosting a Halloween Dance on October 29, 2015.
- Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources