Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
Families Matter at the Festival of Trees
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to the movies on February 4, 2016.
- Farmington Program will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a party on February 5, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be working on money skills on February 5, 2016.
- Farmingdale Program will be celebrating birthdays on February 8, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be making crafts on February 9, 2016.
- Families Matter will be celebrating Valentine's Day with a Valentine's Day dance on February 10, 2016.
- Augusta Program will be bowling on February 11, 2016.
- Waterville Program will be going to the library on February 12, 2016.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be having a craft social on February 15, 2016.
- Waterville and Augusta programs will be sliding on February 16, 2016.
- Augusta Program will be celebrating birthdays on February 17, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be having cocoa and cookies on February 18, 2016.
- Farmington Program will be bowling with the American Vets on February 19, 2016.
- Augusta and Waterville programs will be visiting on February 19, 2016.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting the Kennebec Valley Humane Society and Maine State Museum on February 19, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be having a game day on February 22, 2016.
- Waterville and Skowhegan Programs will be making crafts on February 22, 2016.
- Augusta program will be swimming and playing basketball on February 23, 2016.
- Families Matter Programs will be snow tubing on February 24, 2016.
- Farmingdale Program will be having a pajama day on February 25, 2016.
- Families Matter will be hosting the FMI Got Talent show on February 26, 2016.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Programs will be having a social on February 29, 2016.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources