Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Celebrates the
Opening of their 6th Location!
Families Matter, Inc. is pleased to announce the opening of it's
sixth location at 484 Maine Avenue in Farmingdale. Families Matter is committed to enhancing the quality of life for ‘special needs’ young adults and their families throughout central Maine.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Farmington Program will be going for a fall foliage ride on October 14, 2014.
- Skowhegan Program will be building money skills on October 15, 2014.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be going on a nature walk on October 17, 2014.
- Families Matter will be visiting Pumpkin Land on October 21, 2014.
- Skowhegan Program will be painting pumpkins on October 22, 2014
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting the corn maze on October 24, 2014.
- Farmington and Augusta Programs will be visiting each other on October 27, 2014.
- Waterville Program will be bowling on October 30, 2014.
- Families Matter will be hosting a Halloween Dance on October 31, 2014.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources