At Families Matter, Inc, we are taking every precaution to stop the spread of Covid 19. We are listing the Guidelines to follow for Covid 19. All DSP's and clients follow these Guidelines. We will do everything possible to keep your loved one healthy and safe.
Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Skowhegan Program will be boxing on March 2, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be training at the gym on March 3, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be cooking on March 4, 2020.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to the movies on March 5, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be shopping on March 6, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be volunteering at the Food Cupboard on March 10, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be having corned beef and cabbage on March 11, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be bowling on March 12, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be enjoying a free day on March 9, 2020.
- Families Matter Programs will be participating in the Basketball Special Olympics on March 14, 2020. We wish all participants the best of luck!
- Gardiner Program will be bowling on March 16, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Bull Moose Music on March 17, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be bowling on March 18, 2020.
- Families Matter Programs will be hosting a St. Patrick's Day Dance on March 19, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be working on money skills on March 20, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be visiting the library and Barnes & Noble on March 23, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be swimming on March 24, 2020.
- Waterville Program will be visiting the Old State House Museum on March 25, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be hosting a popcorn social on March 27, 2020.
- Families Matter Programs will be participating the Special Olympic Swimming Regionals. We wish all participants the best of luck!
- Waterville Program will be boxing on March 30, 2020.
- Augusta Program will be walking the Rail Trail on March 31, 2020.
- Gardiner Program will be volunteering with the Salvation Army on March 31, 2020.
- Skowhegan Program will be going to the movies on March 31, 2020.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.