Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Augusta, Skowhegan and Gardiner Programs will be participating in the Bowling Special Olympics on November 1, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be having a pizza party on November 2, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be boxing on November 5, 2018.
- Gardiner Program will be making crafts on November 6, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting the book store on November 7, 2018.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to the movies on November 8, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be shopping on November 9, 2018.
- Gardiner and Augusta programs will be enjoying a turkey dinner on November 14, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be making ceramics on November 15, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Barnes & Noble on November 16, 2018.
- Waterville, Gardiner and Augusta Programs will be bowling on November 19, 2018,
- Families Matter Programs will be participating in a talent show on November 20, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be having a ham dinner on November 21, 2018.
- Families Matter Programs will be closed on November 22 and 23, 2018. We wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!
- Gardiner Program will be buying and decorating their Christmas tree on November 26, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be volunteering on November 27, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be cooking beef stew on November 28, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be bowling on November 30, 2018.
Gardiner Program will be visiting Topsham on November 12, 2018.
Waterville Program will be helping Meals on Wheels on November 13, 2018.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.