Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Farmington Program will be making ceramics on April 14, 2016.
- Special Olympics Swim Meet on April 14, 2016. Families Matter wishes all athletes the best of luck!
- Skowhegan Program will be taking a fishing trip on April 15, 2016.
- Augusta Program will be participating in team building activities on April 15, 2016.
- Waterville Program will be walking the Kennebec Rail Trail on April 19, 2016.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Rockland on April 21, 2016.
- Farmington Program will be bowling with the American Vets on April 22, 2016.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be visiting each other on April 22, 2016.
- Farmington and Waterville Programs will be making crafts together on April 25, 2016.
- Farmingdale and Skowhegan Programs will be making crafts on April 25, 2016.
- Augusta Program will be training for Track and Field Special Olympic events on April 26, 2016.
- Skowhegan Program will be hosting a Pizza Party on April 26, 2016.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Hallowell City Hall on April 27, 2016.
- Farmington Program will be cooking on April 27, 2017.
- Waterville Program will be celebrating birthdays with a cookout on April 28, 2016.
- Families Matter Programs will be playing Wiffle Ball on April 29, 2016.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources