Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Augusta will be bowling on January 14, 2019.
- Augusta and Skowhegan Programs will be having a Peer Social with cookies and cocoa on January 15, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be helping Meals on Wheels on January 15, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be cooking on January 16, 2019.
- Skowhegan Program will be going to the library on January 17, 2019.
- Augusta and Waterville Programs have a free day on January 18, 2019.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting the pet store on January 21, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be training at the gym on January 22, 2019.
- Augusta Program will be celebrating birthdays on January 23, 2019.
- Gardiner and Augusta Programs will be making crafts on January 24, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be sledding on January 25, 2019.
- Waterville and Augusta Programs will be having a Peer Social on January 25, 2019.
- Members of Families Matter Programs will be participating on the Special Olympics on January 27 through 29, 2019. We wish all competitors the best of luck!
- Augusta Program will be visiting the Topsham Fair Mall on January 28, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting either Lithgow Library or the Maine State Museum on January 29, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be bowling on January 30, 2019.
- Skowhegan Program will be visiting Hussy's General Store on January 31, 2019.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.