Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Celebrates the
Opening of their 6th Location!
Families Matter, Inc. is pleased to announce the opening of it's
sixth location at 484 Maine Avenue in Farmingdale. Families Matter is committed to enhancing the quality of life for ‘special needs’ young adults and their families throughout central Maine.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Families Matter will be hosting a camp day on July 14, 2014.
- Augusta Program will be playing mini-golf on July 15, 2014.
- Farmington and Skowhegan Programs will be having a bar-b-que on July 16, 2014.
- Farmington, Skowhegan and Waterville Programs will have a pizza party on July 18, 2014.
- Waterville and South China Programs will be having a beach day on July 21, 2014.
- Skowhegan Program will be horseback riding on July 23, 2014.
- Farmingdale and South China Programs will be having a picnic and ice cream social on July 25, 2104.
- Families Matter, Inc.'s Kickball Game will be held on July 29, 2014.
- Augusta and South China Programs will be playing outside games on July 30, 2014.
- Waterville and Skowhegan Programs will be vising the lake on July 31, 2014.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources