Enhancing the Quality of Life of Special Needs Adults and Their Families
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. would like to salute the American Vets in Jay, Maine for all their support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.
What's New at Families Matter, Inc.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to the movies on July 2, 2015.
- Families Matter, Inc. will be closed on July 3, 2014 in honor of the 4th of July.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Ft. Williams Park on July 6, 2015.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be playing kickball on July 7, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be cooking on July 8, 2015.
- Families Matter, Inc. will be going to Fun Town on July 9, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be having a BBQ and fishing trip on July 10, 2015.
- Families Matter, Inc. will be celebrating summer at Edgecomb Camp on July 13, 2015.
- Farmington Program will be playing kickball on July 14, 2015.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be visiting the beach on July 17, 2015.
- Skowhegan Program will be hosting a Pizza Social with Waterville and Farmington Programs on July 20, 2015.
- Augusta Program will be visiting the Hallowell Reservoir on July 21, 2015.
- Waterville Program will be playing disc golf on July 22, 2015.
- Skowhegan and Farmington Programs will be visiting the zoo on July 24, 2015.
- Families Matter will be hosting a picnic and ice cream social on July 27, 2015.
- Farmington and Farmingdale Programs will be playing mini golf on July 29, 2015.
- Farmington, Skowhegan and Waterville Programs will be playing kickball at Oosoola Park on July 31, 2015.
Families Matter Inc. In-Home support creates opportunity to develop and improve skills necessary for safe independent living. Services are coordinated by the Person Centered Plan Process. Goals include, but not limited to:
- Money management and grocery shopping
- Activities of Daily Living
- Exploring public resources
- Healthy eating and food preparation
- Safety awareness
- Natural Supports/Resources