Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Augusta Program will be training for the Special Olympics on June 4, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be hosting donut and pie eating contests on June 4, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be having a cookout on June 5, 2019.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to the movies on June 6, 2019.
- Families Matter Programs will be participating in the Special Olympics on June 7 - 9, 2019. We wish all the athletes the best of luck!
- Augusta Program will be bowling on June 10, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be going to Topsham on June 11, 2019.
- Augusta and Waterville Programs will be having a peer social on June 11, 2019.
- Families Matter Programs will be going to Funtown Splashtown on June 13, 2019. Rain date is June 14, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be hosting an ice cream social on June 14, 2019
- Gardiner Program will be going to thePemaquid Lighthouse on June 18, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be volunteering with Meals on Wheels on June 18, 2019.
- Gardiner and Augusta Programs will be making edible crafts crafts on June 20, 2019.
- Augusta Program will be visiting the beach on June 21, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be going on a nature walk on June 24, 2019.
- Skowhegan and Augusta Programs will be having a Peer Social on June 25, 2019.
- Augusta Program will be hosting a BBQ on June 26, 2019.
- Gardiner Program will be having fun with friends in Capitol Park on June 28, 2019.
- Waterville Program will be hosting a pizza party on June 28, 2019.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.